If a pipe suddenly breaks in your home, you might be unsure of what to do first. In this event, the best course of action would be to give your local plumbers at Plumbing Medic a call. We are no strangers to broken pipes. You might be wondering, why do pipes break? Luckily, we have compiled a list of the most common causes below:
- Minimal or poor maintenance of your plumbing system increases the likelihood of a broken pipe.
- Incorrect disposal of hygiene products in your drains can lead to plumbing issues.
- Since pipes are underground, tree roots can cause plumbing problems.
Now that you are familiar with some reasons why broken pipes occur, here are some proactive measures you can take to prevent them:
- When you have your plumbing system maintained by a professional plumber, the risk of a broken pipe drastically decreases.
- It is almost important to make sure you don’t put anything other than water down your pipes.
- If you have an older home and suspect that tree roots are causing blockages, call Plumbing Medic for an inspection.
At Plumbing Medic, we understand that a broken pipe is a plumbing emergency. Plumbing Medic offers 24/7/365 emergency service. Call your local Plumbing Medic and we will be there within 60-90 minutes.