Is your water heater just not doing the trick anymore? There’s nothing worse than a lukewarm shower or bath! Here at Plumbing Medic, we get it — and we live for the opportunity to better someone’s day.
Do you need a new water heater? Use this checklist as your guide:
- Age— Most homeowners in the Phoenix area find that their water heaters only last 5 to 7 years due to the minerals found in our water. It tends to cause a buildup of sediment that affects the water heater lifespan. Keep an ear out for knocking or rumbling noises that may indicate residue accumulation.
- Leaks— The minerals in the water also react with steel water tanks, eventually causing corrosion. Once this happens, a leak is imminent — and, unfortunately, the repair is not an option.
- Rust— Water displacement can make your tap water appear rusty. It occurs when sediment sinks to the bottom of your water heater. If flushing your unit doesn’t fix the problem, you may need a new water heater.
- Consumption— Has your family recently expanded? If so, you’re probably using more hot water than you used to. If you notice a lack of hot water at times, then you might want to upgrade to a larger unit.
Other signs you might need a new water heater:
- Pilot light won’t stay lit
- Circuit breaker trips
- Heating elements fail
- Thermostat breaks
- Valve sticks
If you suspect that it’s time for a new water heater, contact Plumbing Medic today. We install and repair all of the following:
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Hybrid water heaters
- Solar water heaters
Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We even offer same-day service!
Keep up with Plumbing Medic by connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!