As all of us are turning down our thermostats to adjust to the summer temperatures, many homeowners might also be wondering what their energy bill is going to look like at the end of the month. Fortunately, there are ways to stay cool for less. Here are a few tips to help you make your home more energy-efficient this summer.
Home Cooling Tips:
- Keep Your Blinds Closed – Did you know that up to 30% of the heat in your home comes from your windows? Keep your blinds closed throughout the day to keep your home a bit cooler.
- Turn on Your Fan – Set your ceiling fans to rotate counter-clockwise. Counter-clockwise fans can create a cool breeze when standing underneath them. It will make you feel cooler!
- Install a Smart Thermostat – Smart thermostats make it easier for you to adjust the temperature of your home — no matter where you are. You can change your thermostat on-the-go from your smartphone or tablet so that your home is saving energy when you’re not there, and nice and cool when you are. As an added bonus, your smart thermostat will learn your habits, making it easier to save on home cooling costs!
- Use Your Exhaust Fan – Take advantage of the exhaust fans in your home, both after cooking in the kitchen and after taking a hot shower in the bathroom.
- Grill Outside – Instead of turning on the stove, use your grill! Cooking outdoors isn’t just a great way to enjoy a summer meal, you’ll also keep your home cooler.
Contact our office by giving us a call at (602) 975-2306