Tankless water heaters are the new fad and homeowners throughout The Valley are inquiring about their advantages and disadvantages. Since we are the plumbing experts here in The Valley, we feel that it is our responsibility to give you all the information you need about these high-efficiency heaters:
What Is a Tankless Water Heater?
A tankless water heater is essentially a water heater that heats water on demand rather than with the use of water stored in a tank. These heaters can heat up to 2-5 gallons of water per minute and they use gas or electric power to do so. They became very popular in Europe around the turn of the century and American homeowners have caught on since then.
What Are Some Advantages?
- These units take up less space for apartments and smaller homes that are limited to storage areas.
- For homes that use less than 40 gallons of hot water per day, these units can be 25-35% more efficient than conventional models.
- They can save you hundreds of dollars per year on water and heating costs!
- They last longer and their parts are easy to replace if they break down.
- They are better for the environment and consume less energy on a day to day basis.
- Nothing goes to waste!
What Are Some Disadvantages?
- They have trouble with simultaneously heating different sources of hot water. This is not usually an issue for a 4-5 person household that takes 4-5 showers per day.
- Water pressure can be, but is not always impacted by tankless water heaters.
- The initial cost is greater than a traditional water heater but the long-term savings are a major benefit.
We provide the Phoenix Valley with water heater service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our team of licensed professionals would love to consult you on your best options for a future water heater and they are only a phone call away.
Just dial (602) 975-2306.