While tankless water heaters offer an array of benefits, they’re not necessarily right for every homeowner. To help you make an educated decision, we’ve outlined some pros and cons. Read through to learn more, and don’t hesitate to contact Plumbing Medic for advice from a local plumber.
- Lower energy costs – One of the great things about tankless water heaters is that they don’t heat water until it’s requested. This type of water heater only provides hot water when someone needs it! No more wasting energy on hot water that will go unused.
- Longer lifespan – While the average water heater will last up to 13 years, you can expect a tankless water heater to continue operating 20 years later. It’s a huge pro if you plan to stay in your home for a while.
- More space – Traditional water heaters are huge — they need enough space to hold up to 60 gallons of water. The aptly named tankless water heater, however, has no tank and therefore takes up almost half the space.
- Restricted output – If you need a lot of hot water at once, you might be disappointed by the performance of a tankless water heater. Its hot water output cannot match that of a traditional 40-60 gallon water heater.
- Extra costs – Tankless water heaters almost certainly cost more up-front than do typical water heaters. Expect to pay about $1,000.
We’re happy to answer any additional questions you may have! Contact Plumbing Medic today to discuss your water heater options: Call us at 602-661-1064.
Don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, and Twitter