Did you know that water leaks account for 12% of water usage in the average American home? That is a large number of water that is going to waste, and your toilet is one of the biggest water guzzlers in your entire home. The unfortunate thing is that sometimes a toilet leak can be hard to detect, but your friends at Plumbing & A/C Medic, Inc. have you covered:
Step 1: Remove the Lid
- Take off the lid on your toilet tank
Step 2: Dye It
- Take normal food dye from the supermarket and drop 10 droplets into the TANK, not the bowl.
- Put the lid back on when you are done.
Step 3: Let it sit
- Wait 10-15 minutes and let the dye settle in.
Step 4: Inspect
- Now go back to your toilet and look into the bowl.
- If the dye made it from your tank into the bowl, you have a leak in your bowl.
This test is simple, but it is effective in diagnosing toilet leaks. Once you have the problem figured out, you can call in the Plumbing & A/C Medic, Inc. professionals to get you back in working order. If you neglect these minor leaks, they can eventually become worse and lead to the removal of your toilet bowl. Nobody wants to deal with that hassle!
To schedule a toilet repair, call in the professionals at Plumbing & A/C Medic, Inc. or book online for fast and easy service!